Be still, then…
· Ask yourself, ‘what do I want, what am I here for?’ Then, get still because when you become quiet, it just dawns on you.
· Embrace the feminine spirit, that thing that makes you different from men because, my darlings, you are. Give thanks to the Divine that you are not the same as men. Claim & celebrate your being in this world as a woman.
· Believe in the power and strength of other women. Bathe in the bliss of their company. Release those words we’ve all heard, ‘women just can’t get along’ because the reality is when we spend time together, our bodies sync.
· Celebrate your ability to heal because it is a process that you are a part of.
· Tell yourself the truth.
· Believe in your strength and resilience and your capacity to do difficult things.
· Be your ultimate, committed lover.
· Accept help.
· Accept change.
· Create change.
· Enjoy your sensuality.
· Let go.
· Do exactly what you want to do.
These are the moments to try everything, to explore your interests. These are the moments to be unashamed, to be daring. These are the moments to surround yourself with goodness; good sounds, good smells, good people. As Erykah Badu says, ‘pick your friends like you pick your fruit’.
I have this posted on my mirror and it’s such a powerful way to walk out the door – ‘she went out on a limb, had it break off behind her, and discovered she could fly.’ Remembering this statement gives me wings to move through my day. It is such a simple measure but it empowers me which, in turn, empowers the people I come into contact with.
Embracing your strength, knowing your power, believing that you were designed to be healthy & happy enables you to hold your head high and look the world straight in the eye. As a woman, it is all up to you. It is up to you to be amazing. It is up to you to be strong. It is up to you to be unstoppable. It is up to you to be sincere. It is up to you to be alive. It is up to you to tap into your inner source of power, a power so strong, it can change the world.
Eleanor Roosevelt said it beautifully when she stated, ‘the purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.’
These are the moments, girls. This is the time. Today is the day.