Sunday, December 26, 2010

You Incredible YOU!

Girls, I'm just a bit older than you so I've had a few chances to say, 'If I'd only done "something" sooner'. Well, good for you, that you now know me. And what I know for sure will help you live incredibly, if not immediately, in short order.
I've learned that the key to a fulfilling & fantastic life is strength - physical, mental & spiritual strength. These are three of the layers we have been created with & each of them requires our attention.
Being that you're sitting on a college campus, I trust that you believe knowledge is power. So, answer me this... What do you know about your body? For my medical students this question goes a bit deeper than Anatomy class. The question is what do YOU know about YOUR body? Within this question lays the key to your wonderful life.
We all have the gift of hindsight and the knowledge I've gained with this ‘back vision’, puts me in the position where I am now able to talk with you about Definite, Simple, Fun, & Creative things you can implement today that will make your life better... sooner.
I have one more question.
Do you have any idea how freakin’ incredible you are?! In every way imaginable, you, my girl, my sister, are a dynamic creature, given charge of so much. We are natural nurturers & teachers. We can't change that. So embrace it and know that we HAVE to be strong in order to support our strength. Does that make sense? Here’s my reasoning. I've always envisioned women as trees. From the intricate details to the curving shapes, trees become even more magical as they move AWAY from their root system. As it reaches up, it also reaches out. It blooms. It blossoms. It bears fruit.  It changes colors. Imagine how strong the roots must be in order to support all that's happening above.  As women, we too, support the very ground we spring from, making everything & everyone around us even stronger. Our reach grows exponentially. Our strength supports our strength.
How are we able to do that? How are we able to give so much and still maintain our sense of self, our sense of HER? How do we hold on to this strength throughout our lifetime? I promise you, it's not as difficult as one may think. I've spoken with several incredible women, asked them this very question and everyone's answers are quite similar. Like Ms. Maci Peterson, the founder and Editor of Mwari. Unless my antenna is off, she instantly struck me as a beautiful, giving spirit. I recently asked her... How? How, with everything happening in her life, is she able to remain focused, healthy, & happy? At such a young age, Maci has embraced her strengths, nurtures her talents and simply goes for it. She's no different than you. She's not better than you. So, how does SHE do it?  (You can read the details of our conversation on my blog, http://candace-celebrateher.blogspot.com).
In this portion of Mwari, you & I will explore the 'how’s'.
• how to become stronger physically
• how to become stronger spiritually
• how to properly feed ourselves
• how to give to ourselves
You'll find Simple, Fun, & Creative ways to answer 'how'. There are recipes & exercises for your physical self, and you'll find ways to embrace your creative & spiritual self. I will share with you what I know. And because I know there is no 'one way' I invite you to share with me what you know. Send me an email, candace@mwarimag.com, and share your stories on how you choose to strengthen & celebrate your being as a SHE.
We have lots of work to do girls. I need you ready.
----
Written for Mwari Magazine, December 2010 Issue
http://www.mwarimag.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment